Domb on Real Estate

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And we're back...

So after too long a break, I am back and committed to regular posting. I thought I would dedicate my first post back to letting you know where I think the market in Center City Philadelphia stands today. Overall, there are pockets of price drops, but the core areas are holding well. From what I can tell, the market around Rittenhouse and Washington Squares, Society Hill and Avenue of the Arts is holding relatively steady in terms of home prices. The outskirts or fringe areas are suffering the most. These areas are seeing 5 to 20 percent price drops. In economic times like today people seek out the safest areas. Whether it's beachfront or bayfront real estate or properties on Rittenhouse Square, people flock to the safe investment areas for their home purchases.

I'll be back later this week with more. If you have any comments or if there is anything in particular that you are interested in seeing posts on, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home